Recent COVID cases in our Cohoes High School community and subsequent quarantine requirements have continued to create a significant strain on our staffing. To allow us to prioritize our staff resources and provide continuity for all students, we have made the decision to extend remote learning at CHS through January 22. Our plan is to have students return for in-person learning on Monday, Jan. 25.
The middle school and our three elementary schools in the district will continue in-person instruction. The following high school programs will still be held:
- Students in BOCES CTE programs will be permitted to continue attending classes at the CTE campus (attendance and check-in will be taken at the main entrance at 7:25 am for morning program students and at roughly 10:15 am for afternoon program students)
- Students in our self-contained program will attend in person
Synchronous Instruction & Attendance
Students should continue to follow the blue/gold calendar for learning during the remote learning period. Attendance will be taken on the respective dates for students with live Zoom instruction for all courses. Students will continue to sign on for instruction on their synchronous day (blue or gold). In addition, teachers will be providing links to virtual “office hours” open to students needing extra support.
Meals for Students
Grab and go meals will be available weekdays from 10:30 to 12:30 at all three elementary schools and CHS (cafeteria/back entrance). No pre-order is necessary and families can receive up to three days worth of meals.
If you are in need of a Chromebook please let us know. We have some devices available at the high school and are here to help families with their technology needs as much as we can. Please contact Teri Curtin at 518.237.9100, ext. 1400 for assistance.
Despite the recent increase in cases, and the decision to move grades 9-12 to remote learning, we believe our schools continue to be safe for students and for staff. To our knowledge, we have not seen new cases due to exposure to COVID in our schools. All health and safety measures remain fully in effect throughout the district. They include mask wearing, social distancing, enhanced cleaning and disinfecting, and the submission of a daily health screening form.
Please remember that the best plan for addressing the COVID-19 virus is to remain informed and follow these steps to help contain the spread of the virus:
- Keep at least a 6-foot distance between you and others when out in the community — even if you don’t feel sick or have any symptoms
- Wear a snug-fitting surgical or cloth face mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Call your healthcare provider in advance of a visit
- Limit social gatherings
We will continue to work closely with the health department and communicate any necessary updates via ParentSquare and our district website.