Dear Cohoes families,
We can’t thank you enough for all that you’ve done this school year to keep our school community healthy. As we approach our winter break (Feb. 15-19), we wanted to reach out to reiterate the importance of continuing to follow all health and safety protocols.
In regard to travel, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has advised that the safest way to prevent the spread of the virus is to stay home. If you do plan to travel, please note that the guidelines in the New York State travel advisory released in November are still in effect.
The following steps must be taken for those traveling to a noncontiguous state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure, prior to arrival in New York.
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests come back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
- A traveler health form must be submitted.
The travel advisory does not apply to travel to Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Vermont.
Please continue to follow these steps as well to help contain the spread of the virus:
- Keep at least a 6-foot distance between you and others when out in the community — even if you don’t feel sick or have any symptoms
- Wear a snug-fitting surgical or cloth face mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Limit social gatherings
Have a wonderful break! We’ll see everyone when classes resume on Monday, Feb. 22.