The Cohoes City School District learned on Tuesday afternoon of a confirmed COVID-19 case in the Harmony Hill School community. Because the individual has not been in school since November 19, the Albany County Department of Health has advised that contact tracing procedures will not be necessary.
Harmony Hill School staff and students continue to follow all recommended safety protocols, which include social distancing and mask wearing. Hand sanitizer stations are available in all classrooms and desks are sanitized to minimize risk.
Please note that the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other privacy laws restrict the district from disclosing or confirming any personally identifiable information and we cannot identify anyone who has tested positive.
Please remember that the best plan for addressing the COVID-19 virus is to remain informed and follow these steps to help contain the spread of the virus:
- Keep at least a 6-foot distance between you and others when out in the community — even if you don’t feel sick or have any symptoms
- Wear a snug-fitting surgical or cloth face mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Call your healthcare provider in advance of a visit
- Limit visitors to your home
We will continue to work closely with the Albany County Department of Health and communicate any necessary updates via ParentSquare and our website.