Dear Cohoes Families,
On behalf of the entire staff of the Cohoes City School District, I thank you for your ongoing patience and support throughout these last few months.
As we quickly approach the end of the school year, I wanted to update our students and families on some important information. Please know we are continuing to work on end of the year plans and will update you as soon as they have been finalized.
- The last day of virtual learning for students will be June 12, an earlier date than originally scheduled. The calendar has been adjusted to reflect a 180-day school year and includes snow days, working through spring recess, as well as all days operating virtually under the Governor’s Executive Orders.
- Monday, May 25, Memorial Day, will remain a day off for students and staff. On the original school calendar, Friday, May 22 and Tuesday, May 26 were listed as contingency days. Virtual learning will be in session on those days.
- Staff will be engaged in virtual superintendent conference days on June 15 and 16 to begin preparations and planning for the next school year.
- We are finalizing information regarding end of the year report cards and timelines. This information will be shared next week.
- Food service distribution will continue through June 16. More information on the summer meal program will be forthcoming.
- Your building principal will provide information on the date and manner of retrieval of student items and the return of school district Chromebooks.
- End of the year student recognitions are being planned and your building principal will be communicating this information shortly.
- High School summer school is still being discussed and we will update students and families at a later date.
We are hopeful that we will be able to resume face-to-face instruction in our school buildings this fall. We will continue to update you as more information becomes available. Please continue to be in touch with our teachers and principals about how we can best support you and your family. Enjoy the nice weather this weekend!
With Tiger Pride,
Jennifer Spring, Ed.D.