“Cohoes Middle School is No Place for Hate.”
That’s the message CMS students are delivering to their classmates in an effort to make sure the school is a safe, inclusive and respectful place where everyone belongs! On Tuesday, students on the NPFH committee were going class to class, encouraging others to sign a pledge to do their part to help eliminate acts of bias or bullying.
No Place for Hate Pledge
- I will seek to gain understanding of those who are different from me.
- I will speak out against prejudice and discrimination.
- I will reach out to support those who are targets of hate.
- I will promote respect for people and help foster a prejudice-free school.
- I believe that one person can make a difference—no person can be an “innocent” bystander when it comes to opposing hate.
- I recognize that respecting individual dignity and promoting intergroup harmony are the responsibilities of all students.