This year, the Cohoes City School District has partnered with Building Better Futures founder Dr. Jennifer Bashant to bring families free, one-hour, monthly webinars focused on an array of parenting topics.
Each of these virtual presentations will be recorded, so even if you are unable to attend live, you will have the opportunity to watch the recording for 30 days after each webinar using the password that will be provided upon registration. Please note: You will need to register for each webinar separately.
“This is a great opportunity for our families to gain information on a variety of topics from presenters who have a wealth of knowledge and experience,” said Director of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support Raychel Marcil. “One of the best parts of the series is that the webinars are recorded, so if you can’t watch them live, you can choose a time that is convenient for you.”
Upcoming presentations and registration links:
- October 24 – Special Education: The Basics
- November 9 – Avoidance, Obsessions, Perfectionism and Other Expressions of Anxiety
- November 28 – Navigating Difficult Conversations with Your Pre/Young Teen
- December 7 – Mindfulness-Informed Parenting: Learn the Basics for Introducing Mindfulness Practices to Your Child
- January 11 – Depression and Suicide: Warning Signs and What You Can Do to Help
- January 23 – Managing Social Media in Our Lives
- February 8 – Avoiding Power Struggles, Angry Outbursts, and Other Challenging Behaviors
- February 27 – Making Friends and Keeping Them: 10 Social Skills to Teach Your Child
- March 21 – It’s an Inside Job: Knowing and Communicating Feelings and Needs
Who is Jennifer Bashant, Ph.D?
Jennifer L. Bashant, Ph.D., LMSW, MA, is the founder of Building Better Futures, LLC, and an educational consultant and motivational speaker. She incorporates collaborative problem-solving, restorative practices, and mindfulness in her work with students ages pre-kindergarten through grade 12.