For the entire month of March, Cohoes High School students are teaming up to participate in programs that encourage healthful habits, building respect, developing creativity, inspiring diversity, establishing connections, informing their futures, protecting our environment, and serving our community.
Each week in March will focus on a different community theme and will include a variety of school and community-based speakers, interactive activities, service opportunities, and other fun events.
Students from the 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 graduating classes will be in competition to see who can participate in the most events. The winning class will be announced at Spring Fest on March 29.
Calendar of events:
Week 1 (March 5-9), Theme – Creativity & The Arts
- Monday: Mardi Gras Mask-Making, 2:30-3pm (Room 310); Play-Doh & Stress Relief, 3-3:30pm (Room 310)
- Tuesday: Half-day, 11am dismissal
- Wednesday: Paint & Sip, 2:30-4:30pm (Room 245)
- Thursday: Think of a way to use your unique skills and creativity to benefit the community.
- Friday: Hoops for Hope, 6pm (New gym)
Week 2 (March 12-16), Theme – Health & Sports
- Monday: Zumba, 2:45-3:45pm (Old gym)
- Tuesday: Unified Basketball Exhibition, 2:45pm (New gym)
- Wednesday: March Madness Basketball Tournament, 2:30-3:30pm (New gym)
- Thursday: March Madness Basketball Tournament, 2:30-3:30pm (New gym);
- Yoga, 2:30-3:15pm (Room 333)
- Friday: March Madness Basketball Tournament, 2:30-3:30pm (New gym)
Week 3 (March 19-23), Theme – College & Careers
- Monday: Panel: Options After CHS, 2:30-3:30pm (LGI)
- Tuesday: Organizing Your Life, 2:30-3pm (Room 302)
- Wednesday: Resume Writing, 2:30-3pm (Room 302); Interview Skills 3-3:30pm (Room 302)
- Thursday: Personality & Career Tests, 2:30-3:30pm (Room 302); PTO Dodgeball Tournament, 6pm (New gym)
- Friday: Red Cross Blood Drive, All day (Old gym)
Week 4 (March 26-30), Theme – Helping the Environment
- Tuesday: Earth Day Poster Making, 2:30-3:30pm (Room 301)
- Wednesday: End of Can & Bottle Drive 2:30-3pm (Room 307)
- Thursday: Spring Fest, Periods 11/12