Registration for Cohoes kindergarten will run 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. March 2-6 at the middle school, by appointment only. Please call 237-4131, ext. 2299 to schedule an appointment.
Children currently enrolled in the district’s UPK program are automatically registered for kindergarten. New applicants must be 5-years-old by December 1, 2020.
- Parent/Legal Guardian photo ID.
- Proof of Age (any of the following): Birth Certificate, Passport, or Baptismal Certificate
- Two Proofs of Residency:
- Tax bill
- Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy – Must be a valid policy with parent/guardian name and address.
- Residential Occupancy Permit (ROP) – Can be obtained from City Hall, landlord, or a form can be signed at the time of registration.
- Telephone bill w/in 30 days.
- National grid bill w/in 30 days.
- Documents issued by the federal, state or local agencies.
- Legal and valid lease agreement – Must contain property owner’s name, address and signature; and name and signature of parent/guardian.
- Home purchase contract – Must contain seller’s name, the address of the property being purchased and the purchaser’s name.
- Proof of Immunization and a Physical within the last year: Must be signed or stamped by a State Licensed health care provider. Proof may be faxed to (518) 833-7009 directly from the physician’s office.
- Custody papers (if applicable)
- Individualized Education Plan (if applicable)
Please contact our registrar, Alena Savaria, with any questions email@example.com.