The following guidelines and behavior expectations apply to all Cohoes students riding CDTA buses.
- Be on time at the bus stop (ten minutes before the scheduled pick up).
- Students are responsible for having their district-issued ID’s, which serve as their CDTA bus passes. The cost for a replacement ID is $10. Students must immediately report lost or stolen cards for deactivation to the CDTA Transportation Coordinator Tom Kostrzebski.
- Behave in an orderly manner at the bus stop.
- Wait at least 15 feet from where the bus will stop and away from traffic so that the driver can see you.
- Wait for a complete stop before crossing the road or attempting to board the bus.
- Cross the bus at least ten feet in front of the bus and wait for the driver’s hand signal before crossing. ALWAYS look both ways before crossing.
- Board and exit the bus in an orderly fashion.
- Stay in your seat, facing forward, and in your own space.
- Help to keep the bus clean. Drinking or eating on the bus is not allowed.
- Keep head, hands and objects inside the windows.
- Keep track of your belongings and check your seat before exiting.
- Respect the personal property of others.
- Refrain from using profane, lewd, vulgar or abusive language or gestures.
- Refrain from actions and activities that may distract the driver.
- Follow all directions from the driver or monitor.
- Animals are prohibited on the bus.
Riding the CDTA bus is a privilege. For the safety of all, it is imperative that students obey the rules. Failure to comply with the safety guidelines listed above could result in school based discipline and/or revocation of the student’s CDTA bus pass.
District officials have the right to review all CDTA bus video.