ML Schedules is the district’s online system to make facilities use request.
Facilities use requirements
- The use of all district facilities shall be subject to the approval and rules of the Board of Education administered by the building principal or other board designees.
- The building principal or his/her designee has final authority on approval.
- In the event of inclement weather, the principal or his/her designee has the final authority on whether facilities are used. When school is closed for a holiday, building/grounds use is not permitted. Inclement weather may also result in the closure of buildings. On days of this nature, please check with the business office for availability.
- Intoxicants shall not be brought onto district facilities at any time.
- All posted rules must be adhered to.
- Profanity, objectionable language, disorderly acts or illegal activities of any kind are absolutely prohibited, and those violating this prohibition will be ejected from the premises.
- Any damage to district facilities shall be promptly repaired at the user’s expense. No exceptions. If maintenance personnel are not available, make sure all doors are locked and lights are turned out when leaving.
- Organizations using the facilities must clean-up afterward.
- Permits may be revoked at any time.
- Any organization with youth under 18 years old requires the presence of adequate adult supervision at all times.
- In case of uses requirement payment of an admission fee, the rental fee of $200.00 per evening, will be paid to the Cohoes City School District in addition to any charges (e.g. custodial services at $22.00/hour per custodian on duty, food services personnel, damages, and/or repair of the District’s facility or equipment) incurred as a result of this activity.
- The emergency telephone number for police is 518-237-5333; fire 237-2211.
- Smoking or other use of tobacco products is not allowed on District property.
- No unauthorized vehicles are allowed on school property. No field or building alterations (lining of fields or gymnasiums, erecting permanent goal posts or structures, etc.) are allowed without prior approval.
- The District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, physical impairment or sex in its educational programs or employment services.
- All users must provide a Certificate of Insurance and CG 20 26 prior to using facilities:
- The certificate MUST be mailed directly to COHOES CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT Administration Center from the insurer or agent;
- The insurance policy must be from an A.M. best rated “secured” NYS admitted insurer;
- State that the organization’s coverage shall be primary coverage for the District, it’s Board, employees and volunteers;
- The District shall be listed as an additional insured by using endorsement CG 20 26 or broader. The certificate must state that this endorsement
being used. If another endorsement is used, a copy shall be included with the certificate of insurance. Failure to do so prior to use will result in revocation of your permit;
- The user hereby agrees to effectuate the naming of the District as an unrestricted additional insured on the user’s policy;
- The policy naming the District as an additional insured must contain a 30-day notice of cancellation;
- The user agrees to indemnify the District for any applicable deductibles.
- Required Insurance:
- Commercial General Liability insurance at the following limits – $1,000,000 per occurrence/ $2,000,000 aggregate.
- User acknowledges that failure to obtain such insurance on behalf of the District constitutes a material breach of contract and subjects it to liability for damages, indemnification and all other legal remedies available to the District. The user is to provide the District with an original certificate of insurance, generated by the insurance company or it’s agent, evidencing the above requirements have been met. The failure of the District to object to the contents of the certificate or the absence of same shall not be deemed a waiver of any and all rights held by the District.
- The Certificate Holder MUST be listed as:
Cohoes City School District
21 Page Ave.
Cohoes, NY 12047
Prior to the start of the event, an announcement should be made to your group regarding emergency evacuation procedures. For example, pointing out posted procedures, directions for exiting, how to respond to fire alarms, etc.