Cohoes City School District


July 2014 - SUMMER HOURS

New student registration is done by appointment. Please call 518-237-4131 ext. 2299 to make an appointment for July 28-31 or August 5-7.


How do I register a new student?

1. Pre-registration is now online! Please click here to pre-register your child(ren) in the Cohoes City School District.

Please do not enter your child's email address or cell phone number in the fields on the online registration form.

2. After completing the registration form online, please call to schedule an appointment:

         Katrina Hunt, Registrar

       518-237-4131 Ext. 2299

3. Before coming to your appointment you must complete the required forms:

Additional Registration forms [PDF]
Records Request Form
Residency Questionnaire--in Spanish and English
Health Appraisal Form
Student Racial and Ethnic Identification Form


If you cannot complete the pre-registration form online, please download and print the form, complete it, and bring it and all other required forms with you to your scheduled appointment.


To register your child(ren), you must bring the following additional documentation to your registration appointment:

1. The child's original birth certificate;

2. The child's immunization record;

3. Custody papers (if it applies);

4. Parent’s or Guardian’s Photo ID;

5. The name and address of the former home district and school the child attended; and

6. Proof of residency for the parent/ guardian (as listed below).


If you are renting:

You must bring a copy of the Residential Occupancy Permit. (You can get a copy from your landlord or Code Enforcement at City Hall 233-2127)


If you own a home:

You must bring a DEED or other indication of Real Property Ownership along with one of the following:

  • An electric bill or phone bill; or

  • A driver's license; or

  • A record of voter registration.

If you live with another family (until you establish independent residency):

You must bring a letter from that family that is notarized stating that you live there along with the property tax bill if they own the property as well as your driver's license showing that you live at that address.


If you have a child who receives special education services:

Please bring a copy of the student's Individualized Education Program (IEP) to be forwarded to our Office of Special Programs.



A legal notarized document must be provided specifying student custodial agreement.




Homeless or Temporary Housing


(The forms above are in PDF format, which require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. Acrobat Reader can be downloaded for free from the Adobe Acrobat website.)

Learn about the Cohoes City School District in this short video: