Cohoes Middle School will host several orientation events intended to help fifth graders prepare for the transition to middle school. Beginning with the annual CMS Mixer on Saturday, May 12, there will be several opportunities for students and parents alike to tour the school and get to know teachers, administrators and students from each of the district's three elementary schools who will become classmates in September.
• The CMS Mixer will take place on Saturday, May 12th from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the middle school. This event includes team building activities that will enable your child to interact with teachers, administration, and his/her peers from the other two elementary schools. Click here to read more about the May 12 Fifth Grade Mixer>>
• Principal Martinelli and CMS guidance counselors will visit the elementary schools on May 10th (Van Schaick), May 11th (Harmony Hill), and May 14th (Abram Lansing).
• CMS 5th grade Parent Night will take place on Monday, May 21 at Cohoes Middle School from 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. This is the perfect time to get to know the teachers, guidance counselors, as well as our administrative team. The Parent Night will begin in the middle school library with a tour to follow.
• Elementary visitation schedule:
--Harmony Hill, June 5th 9:15am – 11:00am
--Abram Lansing, June 6th 9:15am – 11:00am
--Van Schaick, June 8th 9:15am – 11:00am
• Wednesday, September 5, 2012, will be the first day of school for all 6th grade students. There will be the only students in the school for this half day (8:15am-11:00am). This is a great opportunity for students to experience their first day of school without the pressures of having the older students in the building. More information on first day activities will be provided to parents prior to September.
Also, at the conclusion of this school year, summer reading lists for 6th grade will be posted on the Cohoes Middle School homepage. There will also be hard copies available in the middle school guidance office. Parents and guardians with questions or concerns are encouraged to contact Principal Dan Martinelli at 237-4131 ext.2222.